Before we meet the Smiths, I think it's important that we meet the Rays. I am the fourth child in a very active and loving family of nine members. I grew up running around outside on eight acres of land: rolling Tennessee hills and deciduous woods thickened by pine.
I attended good schools and when it was time for university, I packed my bags for Provo, Utah and BYU - home of the cougars, a top ten undergrad business program, and the best LDS dating you're likely to find anywhere. On the fourth August following my beginning at BYU, I graduated in business management with an emphasis in marketing - and had a very serious Canadian boyfriend.

Ritchie Smith and I met during my senior year on a blind date set up by a mutual friend, Eran. On the snowy slopes of Rock Canyon Park, we flew off the inner tube that we had be riding, and landed the blind date with Ritchie's wrist broken, and my neck and tailbone bruised. Fate, it seems, struck us hard; it was a date never to be forgotten. He and I developed our friendship and romantic inclinations over email, phone, and frequent visits to Utah, Vancouver Island, and Tennessee...depending on which place made the most sense at the time. One and a half years after meeting, we were married in the Atlanta LDS temple - May 23, 2008.



Now meet the Smiths. Ritchie and I have now been married 17 happy months. We live in a loft suite apartment in Victoria overlooking the Olympic mountains in Washington. We are situated at a healthy but enjoyable walk to Chinatown, the inner harbor, and all the quaint features that come with living in the historic capital city of British Columbia. Ritchie and I like staying active with our our new ventures in biking, and keeping with our love of running. We also host a hiking group during most of the year, visiting parks in our area every Tuesday night. We sped a lot of time serving in our LDS church, Victoria 1st Ward. I teach young women, and direct the ward choir, and Ritchie is currently the executive secretary. In following postings I will give more details on our current situation, so check in with us!
6 comments:
Awesome way to start your blog! Im excited to see what is going on with you and Ritchie and about all the adventures you are having in Canada!
Yay! I'm so glad to see you on here. I think its a much personal way to see what your friends are doing. You get to see more of their thoughts and feelings, and more of the story of their life. The first day of school picture was a nice touch. Aren't you holding the teddy bear that makes heartbeat sounds? That must have been a comfort item for you since you were starting kindergarten And I love how I'm wearing my homemade dress for the first day of 3rd grade. And Brian...are you sure you didn't photoshop Ammon into the picture? Except that he has Brian hair and the Brian expression on his face.
What a great post! It is so wonderful to hear how you are doing and what you are up to. I love blogging for that reason! You guys sound so happy, which makes me happy! I love ya!
Congrats! It's sounds like you are happy and loving life. That's awesome!
Love your bio! You're such a fantastic writer.
So I finally made time to read your blog and love it. I am also realizing that I never saw any of your wedding pictures. Dude! Then again, I did get to see you gussied up in real life. *grin*
Post a Comment