Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pieces

My life was happy. I had everything:
Family to grow with,
Friends to laugh with,
And educators to learn with.
But not perfectly content.
Though my blessings with gratitude I'm listing,
Still, I knew my heart had a piece missing.

I was sure someday it would happen,
I had great faith that it could,
I'd find a companion,
Someone that loved me the way that he should.
I searched and waited,
I prayed and dated.
And one day he found me; it was the most natural thing,
In time my best friend, my dearest companion gave me a ring.

Two years later my life was so happy!
I had everything:
A spouse to love and grow with,
Lots of family to talk with,
And friends near and far to laugh with.
I was sure that I was perfectly content.
However, in time--even with plenty of sweet kissing--
I realized that a piece of my heart was missing.

I prayed and I pondered;
Ritchie and I waited a little longer.
And then it happened; it was the most natural thing!
How it's changed my life already!  Such happiness it'll yet bring!
Tiny heartbeats and sweet anticipation,
We're excited, awed, and dealing with a little trepidation.

As I continue on this new mission, I never want to cop out.
Happiness is found in fulfilling woman's role,
I've found that it is what life is all about.

10 comments:

Laura Bowles said...

is this an announcement? if so congrats!

Bridget said...

Congratulations!!! And did I read twins???

Shayna.Bowman said...

This is awesome, Melissa! This will be a neat memoir to help you remember the feelings you're experiencing at this very special time. You're so talented, and I love to hear that you are so ridiculously happy!

Melissa Smith said...

Thank you!! Yes, it is a bit of an announcement; we are very excited - Due Oct 2nd! And no, Bridget, thankfully it's only one!

Bridget said...

Ha ha ha. That's what my cousin said shortly before having twins. :o)

Tymon said...

Congrats guys! You'll make great parents =)

Jenni said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you!

Sharley said...

Oh How wonderful!!! I am so very excited for you and Ritchie!! Little ones are such amazing blessings and there is nothing compared to being a mother. It is a most sacred opportunity to love with a special love and care with tenderness only a mother and father can give. There will be challenges, but that sweet little person will love you and be the best thing ever!

Melissa Smith said...

Thanks Sharley! That's so sweet! It's pretty amazing, isn't it?

Rebecca Jackson said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Post a Comment