Monday, November 2, 2009

Tending to a Little Arachnophobia


Spiders and I don't get along. Mostly, I don't get along with them. It's beyond rational. I shriek, swat, stand on chairs, and hope that Ritchie comes to the rescue to save me from the little terror. I have dreams about spiders chasing me and crawling in my bed - again, Ritchie usually saves me from them by waking me up when I'm yelping in my sleep. Spiders are bad news in our house.

A friend gave me a tip about horse chestnuts. Spiders can't stand the smell of them, (they seem odorless to me), and so they stay away. I gathered the nuts from Oak Bay, and lots along the Gorge, and tossed them behind furniture, or placed them in window sills. So far, no more spiders!


3 comments:

Sharley said...

I know exactly how you feel! I have the same nightmares, and gratefully Eldon wakes me too! And I always hope Eldon will be around when I happen upon one... (I keep a tread-less shoe near, just in case, though).

Momtothree said...

I used to be so scared that I'd run away. Then one time I had this HUGE spider in my kitchen and I'd run from it hoping it would just leave. Well the next day I saw it again and I decided that it was better to just kill it immediately. Also, Jared thinks that everyone should face all their fears head on to conquer so no way was he going to kill spiders for me. It actually worked and I started learning to kill them myself which worked out good when we was deployed and I had to do it alone anyway.

Shayna.Bowman said...

Amazing! Thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment