Friday, March 11, 2011

Baby Shoes

Whoever invented baby shoes is first of all silly, and secondly, brilliant.

As I stuffed Cameron's round little feet into his shoes before we left the the house today, I wished I had a shoe horn.  His toes were curled up - even when I got them on and tied the laces.  Why does he even have shoes?!  I carry him around everywhere he goes.  He can't even belly crawl.  I suppose they keep his feet warmer, but so woud a nice thick pair of socks. 

So the truth of it comes down to this:  baby shoes are just cute.  They are not inexpensive, not really functional, not at all necessary, and not even that easy to put on.  Besides the shoes that have laces - now at least those shoes have some functionality - Cameron loves playing with them until they are all untied.

I suppose babies wear shoes for the same reason that they wear Winnie the Pooh.  Oh well.  I'm off to retie those cute little shoes before we leave again.  Wait, he has one shoe off and is sucking on it now while I type.  Wow.  At least I don't have to worry about them being dirty while he chomps away!

No comments:

Post a Comment