Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Time for Harvest


A highway runs along the peninsula of our island towards the ferries and the airport.  The peninsula is more rural, and the highway runs through large tracks of farm land.  Every year, the roadside is lit up with pumpkins in a massive "pick your favorite pumpkin" patch.  Three years ago, Ritchie and I went there with a group of friends and picked out a large pumpkin and cooked it up into a delicious "beef-o-lantern".  It was enough food for 14-something young adults with leftovers!

Picking the Best Pumpkin, 2007
Anyways, with a due date like October 2nd, I've been anticipating pumpkin season since January!  All year long, as we drive past the farms on the peninsula, I've observed the progression on the fields, remembering that when they are ready, I will be, too!  To my deep satisfaction, last weekend took us down that route again, and there they were - bright, beautiful balls of orange, stretching for acres!  The pumpkins are ready for harvest at last, and my own little pumpkin is due day after tomorrow.  After waiting nine long months, it's finally time, and I couldn't be happier!

3 comments:

Laura Bowles said...

so exciting!!

Rach said...

i think you should post an updated preggers belly shot! Good luck...you'll be a great mom!

Bridget said...

Stop trying to fool us with a "harvest" post and then showing a photo with you not pregnant. Some of us think that you've already had that baby. And maybe you have since today is the 5th ... if not, I'm sorry. This shall soon pass.

Post a Comment