Friday, September 10, 2010

Good Work

A major part of my life came to a close this week.  I've worked at ITEM Ltd. since April 2008, and Tuesday, they threw a little farewell party for me, including lunch, and I submitted my maternity leave paperwork.  That's it!  It's strange to turn in my keys and garage door opener, and say goodbye to my desk and computer - well, at least one of my computers - they let me buy off my laptop, which makes me very happy!

But, I must say, working at ITEM has been a pleasure, overall, and I'm really grateful for the friendships and experiences that I've had there.  As a goodbye present, my boss gave me a LOVELY "diaper bag"...I'm not sure that I've ever seen such an extravagent bag to carry diapers in, but I think that I'll manage with it very well. :)

Here's some pictures:

This is Sue and me on my last day of work, testing in-road markers that were supposed to be dead.  Some of them produced fireworks and nasty plastic smoke when we hooked them up...hence the lovely eyewear.

Here is my new bag - I'm pretty much in love.

5 comments:

Laura Bowles said...

wow that is a way nice bag enjoy! hooray to last day of work. so exciting!

Rach said...

you have a coach diaper bag? wow, your boss must love you!

Rachael said...

Congrats on ending one landmark. Now off to new adventures! I love the bag!

Melissa Smith said...

Thanks...yes, I'm amazed that they got me a Coach bag!
It's fun being a "stay at home" woman...It's like getting out of school for the summer when you're a kid! I love it, and I can't wait to share my time with my little baby!

Momtothree said...

Those glasses are HOTTT!!

Post a Comment