It's out there. I know it's out there. The question is, where? And when will it finally come to the surface?
We've been scouting for almost two years. We've been praying, fasting, and going to open houses. We've searched the listings over and over. We've been saving our pennies.
Sometimes, I feel discouraged. When I pray about it, I feel peace. I feel amazing assurance, and then I have to lay my doubts aside. Someday we will buy a house. In the meantime, we are doing what we can. Faith is a principle of action.
Last weekend I plotted the best matches from the real estate listings on a map, and Ritchie and I went around Victoria and Saanich seeing their locations and lots. Most were definitely priced lower for a reason - bad location. However, one house intrigued us: on a beautiful, big lot in Broadmead, this house was 4700 sq ft. We had a walk through that afternoon. Such a place!! It's worth recounting.
The center of the house was an indoor swimming pool. Yikes! The house was built in the early 70s and almost everything was original - it needed new carpets, paint, etc. My favorite oddity - as if the pool being the focal point of the entire house wasn't weird enough - was the shower in the master bathroom. It was low in the ground like a baptismal font with three steps down in the dark hole, and tiled with the same brown that they use in old-school McDonald's. Okay, so that house is a no-go. But I do not regret getting to experience it! Just don't want to take on the project of making it livable, and then beautiful. Especially since it already cost $750,000. Just so you don't think we're totally crazy, my disclaimer: this was by far the most eccentric house we've looked at.
So this post gets a photo of Cameron and I outside our rental. Someday we will own a house. Until then, we remain on Cook Street, still engaging in the hunt.

No comments:
Post a Comment