This April Ritchie and I cashed in big on free movie coupons on cereal boxes. Because we eat cereal every morning anyway, Ritchie saw no problem buy incredible amounts of the stuff so we could go to as many free movies as we like - plus give some to friends for $3 to cover some of the cost of the cereal.
Last night we wanted to go see a movie, and our options consisted of three movies that we haven't seen yet. Last week we went to a movie that I found very entertaining, but so littered with filth that I regretted going at all. This week I wanted to be more careful. So I did my homework and this is what I found. Reviews on the three movies reported adultery, nudity, profanity, crude language and sexual content. Wow...I apologized to Ritchie, and I promised that we would go on a different day when there was a decent movie to be seen. What is the cost of lewd entertainment? How often do we go to see it just because that's what's in the theaters? And is free a good enough price to expose myself to it? I decided that it wasn't worth it to me. Today I feel happy, realizing that I don't have those vulgar scenes resurfacing in my mind, because they never were allowed to enter. It's a feeling of freedom that I don't want to give up.
No comments:
Post a Comment