Monday, April 19, 2010

Our Anthem in Heavenly Chorus We Raise

The Vancouver Temple dedication is two weeks away.  In preparation, the last several weeks Ritchie and I have carpooled to Nanaimo every Sunday to practice with the island dedication choir of 19 members.  I was very excited to be invited to participate, but it wasn't until last night that the true beauty of it worked its way into my soul. 

Sunday, May 2nd at 3pm, we will be standing in the celestial room of the temple with members of the first presidency, quorums of the twelve and seventy, and local leaders.  Being in any celestial room brings tears of gratitude to my eyes - this will be an experience of a lifetime.  In fact, it already is.

So as not to take away from the sacred nature of what was felt, I won't supply details of my experience last night.  But I will include some lyrics of the hymns we're preparing - the words that opened  my eyes to just a glimpse of the majesty and beauty of the temple.

"We love thy House, O God, wherein thine honour dwells.  The joy of thine abode, all earthly joy excels.  It is the house of prayer, wherein thy servants meet.  And thou, O Lord, art there, thy chosen flock to greet."

No comments:

Post a Comment