Monday, April 12, 2010

Hard to Hide

I haven't told a lot of people yet - most of my friends, and people in our stake/ward don't know yet, but it's getting pretty hard to hide!  They must think that I've let myself go, or else...well, no one has confronted me about it yet with the daring question.  I'm trying to decide if I should tell more people in person, let it leak out, or just explode the news on Facebook.  What do you think I should do?

9 comments:

Bridget said...

Ha ha. Let yourself go. Sure. They're just afraid to ask because they've inserted their foot in their mouth before. Sometimes when a store clerk asked me if I was expecting, I answered with a question of my own. "Are you calling me fat?" That gave me a chuckle. But then I'd quickly admit that they'd guessed right. I didn't want them to feel dumb. But maybe I did with my reply.

With my first I didn't tell people until I was 6-7 months along. I'd seen them harass others with the same question: When are you due? Boy? Girl? And since I didn't know most people very well who asked, it was the same questions each time I saw them.

Anyway, you may want the questions. What you probably don't want is random people touching your belly.

I vote don't come out with it until sweater season is officially over. That may give you a month or two more of peace. :o)

Sharley said...

Oh yes, and such an adorable tummy bump!!! you are so cute!

Sharley said...

Hmm :) I told the sister's in Relief Society during Good News minute when I found out what we were having! I was several months along and that way I got to share the news and others got to get excited and celebrate with me. I thought it was fun to tell people how things were going as we went along, because I knew they were excited for me!

Mary said...

No way!! CONGRATS! I am very happy and excited for you! You're 15 weeks? You can find out wether you're having a boy or girl so soon! I found out at week 16! You are totally showing too... yay!

Mary said...

I vote tell people! It's exciting! Don't you want people to celebrate the wonderful news with you:-) Don't you want extra attention and presents:-) ?? I am so happy for you!

Laura Bowles said...

such a cute belly!

Danielle said...

Okay, so when you were in Utah and we had dinner, Michael said to me after, "I think Melissa is pregnant." I said "Really?" and he said "Yah, she kept putting her hand on her belly and she was wearing her coat and stuff." And then I thought he might be right. And he was. But HE was. Normally I notice that kind of thing, not him. Which makes me laugh. But anyway, congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congrats Melissa! I was just thinking the other day about you and that you haven't started having kids yet, LOL. YAY! Such a cute little belly there. I'm so happy for you guys.

Rachael said...

Congrats! It's been fun reading your blogs. I'm glad you've had some awesome experiences, participating in the temple dedication, starting your family, etc. You are adorable!

Post a Comment